Thursday, August 9, 2007

Orange Tabby

Here's a Tabby story.....

Reese is the "alpha male" of my family of fourteen cats. I adopted him along with his sisters Opal and Hayley and his mama Crystal shortly after they were born. My daughter adopted his brother China. All the kittens are totally different in looks and personality, and all are huge compared to tiny Crystal. Reese is the biggest lap cat of all when I sit down to watch TV, but he has "cattitude" - an aggressive streak - and will go off on another cat for no reason out of the blue. He actually knows what "time out" means - when I yell time out, he will go down to the basement and I shut the door for twenty minutes of cool-off time. After that he is fine. Needless to say, the other cats are not big fans of his and will sometimes hiss at him even if he is just walking by. Reese has a talent too - every morning as I am fixing their breakfast he sits up on his butt and "applauds" with his two front paws. He has done this ever since he was six weeks old. It's the cutest thing to see.

No comments: